Follow up question on mechanism update speed and graphic options.

I followed the advice of someone on this forum on why my mechanism updates are to slow (10-15 seconds) as being dependent on graphics. I thought it was because my processor and memory, since in school Pro/E mechanism updates took about a second, I already was waiting for my new computer to come (AMD

3000 64, 768mb Ram), and my updates were still taking about 15 seconds to refresh. I decided then to turn of all graphics acceleration on my ATI 9600 PRO, and started up Pro/E. To my surprise the mechanism took just one second to update. But everything else in my computer including model movement in pro e was sluggish. Knowing that it was probably a problem with my Opengl settings or driver, I reinstated graphics acceleration and I changed the "graphics" option in the config.pro to "win32_gdi", which probably stands for windows proprietary graphic processing protocol. I got the same results, fast updates but sluggish model movement/rotation response.

I then tried the other graphic options in Pro/E config (opengl, starbase, xgl, x_windows

) but got the same result as I had before I started changing the settings around. Slow mechanism refresh but smooth model motion. After that I treid messing with the opengl options in my ATI control panel such as.

Wait for vertical sync

Texture and Mipmap settings

Z- Buffering 16, 24 disable

Tripple Buffering,

But I still had the same problems

My question do any of you know any other options within windows that I can change that would have an effect on the graphics in Pro/E. Also why would graphic options have anything to with mechanism update, I would think that mechanism calculations would be totally cpu/ram bound instead of being dependent on the graphics system.

Thanks for reading

Reply to
Xavier