Reverse Concantination Anyone - A.K.A. Long Titleblock Descriptions

What are some of your secrets to getting a huge assembly/part description into a drawing titleblock?

In Intralink we'd like to have only one attribute for the description. The whole description. Our drawing has three lines for the description. In other programs, I have made the three lines combine themselves into a one-line description attribute.

Is there a simple way to make three attributes concatenate (merge) into one attribute? Or, is there a way to take a long attribute and split it into three lines of text, one word wrapped text, or three attributes?

T Bennett

Intralink 3.3 Wildfire 2.0

Reply to
T Bennett

T, we have a relation in all of our parts and assemblies that handle this

TITLE=TITLE1+" "+TITLE2+" "+TITLE

Where TITLE, TITLE1, TITLE2 & TITLE3 are separate parameters

Then in the Title block of your formats it setup like this

TITLE

TITLE TITLE

This way if Title1 is filled out and Title2 & 3 are left empty yo

will get a 1 line title. If Title1 & 2 are filled out you'll ge a 2 line title and etc for if all 3 title parameters are filled out

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28