8051 and Curtis Motor Controller

Hi all. A group at my University is working on driving a golf cart with a microcontroller for a project. The golf cart has a Curtis PMC
Model 1205 motor controller and we want to control it with an 8051 microcontroller. We're only concerned with making the unit go forwards. The Curtis manual has a test circuit for the motor controller that we have tested sucessfully but now we want to add the microcontroller to the test circuit. I have uploaded the original test circuit schematic to
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/blaketheturtle/benchtest.jpg
I'm wondering where or how we could put the microcontroller in this circuit to test if the microcontroller can control the motor control circuit.
Thanks in advance, Blake
Use a PWM output pin of the 8051 through an op-amp integrator to buffer and smooth to a 0..5 V throttle signal. There is a chance that the input of the Curtis already has a cap on it, so in that case, you can just run the buffered PWM straight in.
Search for "8051 PWM" for tons of Google links with coding examples.
Dan