re-purposing golf cart system

Anyone here have access to the schematics of _any_ golf cart or utility vehicle using the Curtis/PMC speed controller type #73326G02?

This controller is slightly different than the other Curtis controllers, including a different polarity drive scheme and use of inductive throttle position sensor rather than resistive.

I want to build a general-purpose "tug" from parts of an old golf cart, and cannot find a schematic or app-note specific to that controller. I _think_ the original cart was built in the early 1990s, but can't confirm that, either. It was an E-Z-Go, but a number of carts have used the Curtis controllers.

Thanks, LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

You sure it is "inductive" and not Hall Effect?

Resistive can be 2 wire or 3 wire. Hall effect is always 3 wire. Hall effect can USUALLY be used in place of 3 wire resistive - and 3 wire resistive can USUALLY be used in place of hall effect. Generally 5K ohm for resistive throttles.

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Absolutely certain. The existing "cart remnants" have a simple coil with a sliding core moving within to apply throttle. All the "diagonal" references I can get to the controller indicate "inductive throttle control".

I don't have a good throttle. It has been smashed (mechanically).

I am thinking about spoofing the system into thinking the coil is there, and need to better understand the controller before trying.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Anything on this page that might help?

Leon Fisk

Actually, this looks a lot more promising:

especially this link:

That controller seems to be built for EZ-GO, proprietary? or so it seems from what I could find.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Leon Fisk fired this volley in news:i5961r$79g$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Yep, thanks.

None of the links on that page are active anymore, but they gave me a clue. The 1206MX is a replacement for the old 26G02, and after some searching, I found a service manual for the 1206MX.

It'll work!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I get ya - it is one of those tuned inductor gizmos - basically a toilet paper roll wound with fine wire and a ferite slug that slides in and out of the core, shanging the inductance. Basically an LC tank instead of an RC tank oscillator circuit. Darned expensive for what they are!!.

Part number EZGO 25854-G01 , $105 from E-Drives.com

Reply to
clare

This one still works for me:

Pretty good flow control, block diagram. Maybe not detailed enough for what you need though...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Leon Fisk fired this volley in news:i5boca$mhp$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

Yep, been on StudMonkey, too.

I have (finally) the service manual in PDF form for the 1206MX-based carts.

So far, I have found no information at all about the inductance of the "inductive trottle control". But I have faith that I'll be able to use their trouble-shooting step charts to approximate it by hand.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh