ANN: Invite a New Indie SF Film to Your Organization Event!

Hi,

My name is Tae and I am the outreach coordinator for the new indie SF feature film "Robot Stories" which begins its theatrical run in February 2004.

Billed as "science fiction from the heart," "Robot Stories" stars Tamlyn Tomita ("Joy Luck Club," "Karate Kid II"), Sab Shimono ("Waterworld," "The Big Hit"), Wai Ching Ho (Best Actress, St. Louis International Film Festival and Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival), and director Greg Pak in four stories in which utterly human characters struggle to connect in a world of robot babies and android office workers. John Petrakis of the Chicago Tribune named the film "one of the most moving pieces I've seen all year" while Entertainment Insiders calls it "the kind of science fiction sophisticated audiences crave and deserve." Writer and director Pak grew up reading 50s-era science fiction writers like Ray Bradbury and watching shows like "The Twilight Zone" -- like these science fiction classics, "Robot Stories" explores the emotional ramifications of technological change in concise, entertaining, and satisfying vignettes. The film has been a huge hit with science fiction audiences around the world, winning audience awards at the Boston Fantastic Film Festival and the Fantastisk Film Festival in Sweden as well as the Best Director and Best Actress awards of the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival in South Korea and five (count 'em, five!) awards at the Shockerfest Film Festival in California.

The film opens in New York City in February 13th and in Washington D.C. in February 20th.

Currently I am looking for engineering societies and clubs devoted to artificial intelligence and robotics that may be interested in inviting us to present our film before the members, audiences and attendees. The director Pak will attend your event to present the film.

If you are an executive member or staff at engineering societies and clubs devoted to artificial intelligence and robotics and are interested in hosting a presentation of Robot Stories before your members or audiences, please don't hesitate to reach me.

Tae Ho Yoon Outreach Coordinator

snipped-for-privacy@robotstories.net Office: 212-240-9074 Cell: 201-214-6687

If you would like to know more about Robot Stories, please visit our website:

Thanks!

[ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ] [ that fails mail your article to , and ] [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
Reply to
Robot Stories 2 more people