Can anyone reccomend a low-friction potentiometer?

I'd like to use some potentiometers to read the positions of output arms, but I'm finding that every pot I try takes a fair amount of force
to turn. I'm building small robots, so I'm worried that friction is going to waste some of my meager servo power.
Does anyone know of a low-cost potentiometer that is very easy to turn? I could make single or multi-turn work.
Thanks!
Eriswerks wrote:

Have you considered gearing?
Also consider an optical encoder instead, it can be essentially frictionless (though unless you build it yourself, it probably won't be).
Eriswerks wrote:

Potentioneters are build tahat way un pupose so that moving your machine does not change the pot settings. If it were loose, every rattle would turn the volume up or whatever.
On many cheap pots (the open style, simple PCB only with some bent sheet metal) there are two wings in the center that are bent to create extra friction. Bend those back a little and yu pot will be a lot easier to turn. Don't bend them too far, or the whole pot axle will become very weak.
However, you say that you use servos? Those have a pot built in already. Use it.
Matthias
How about here http://www.specsensors.com/segments.asp They have assemblies you can make yourself for your custom needs.
The Hirudinidae
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:00:25 +0100, Matthias Melcher

If you do not want to go the Pot route then the encoder (optical) is the next best.
You can get them pro made here.
http://www.precisionmicro.com/product.php?pr_idX&name=Optical_Encoder_Discs_and_Strips
More fun making it yourself though.