generic software for robotic arm?

Is there some sort of generic software package out there to control a robotic arm (specifically, the Lynxmotion L6 in my case, but maybe many arms with specified parameters) through a directed X,Y,Z coordinate input with maybe a direction for the wrist (up, down, out, etc.)? It would have to verify the coordinates were reachable then translate them to the necessary individual servo motor code values.

Is this possible? Would this be useful?

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

This is certainly possible. It is called "inverse kinematics" and calculates the angles of an arm for a give target position of the tip of the arm. It is not a trivial problem and most solvers iterate through solutions until they find one (not necessarily the best one).

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Melcher

There is software on Lynx's site.

Reply to
blueeyedpop

I've not tried it yet, but this program looks like fun.

It appears to be a full arm simulator, including object manipulation.

Later, Daniel

Reply to
D Herring