Delphi is Borland no more

It is official now. Borland, a company that got its name known from the IDE (well, we didn't call Turbo Pascal an IDE in 1985) is "divesting" it's IDE line (Delphi, JBuilder, CBuilder and so on) and will be exclusively dedicated to ALM (application lifecycle management) software.

As a Delphi fan, I must admit that I was hoping for something like this to happen. I think there is a great risk that Delphi will be dead in a couple of years, but stay with Borland and it would be dead for sure.

Cheers

Padu

Reply to
Padu

Interesting. I've been a Borland compiler fan for longer than I care to admit (but if pressed could probably find some Turbo Pascal 5 1/4" floppies in the attic if the mice haven't made nests from them yet).

My preference has been Delphi's cousin, C/C++ Builder, but I've stuck with BCB ver 5. Looking over their upgrade page, I still don't see any real cost-benefit advantage for upgrading to the latest release.

Reply to
Rich Webb