Solderless Connections to DC Motor?

I have a "GM3" DC gearmotor from www.hobbyengineering.com which has two metal tabs with holes in them for electrical connections.
In order that I can reuse the motor, I'd like to make a solderless connection to it rather than soldering as usual.
I'm considering using alligator clips or just "hooking" some jumper wire through the holes in the metal tabs; I think there should be a more elegant way though.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you.
redbrickhat wrote:

Tabs like that mate with a "quick disconnect" crimp-on connector. Measure the width of the tab and find a mating part. The tab width is the standard dimension for this class of connector. From the pictures, it looks like an 0.11" Faston female disconnect might fit. But measure. The proper mating connector will have a little dimple that lines up with the hole and locks the connector.
Take a look at the engineering data for the connector here.
http://rocky.digikey.com/scripts/ProductInfo.dll?Site=US&V)8&M=DNF18-110-C
                John Nagle                 Animats
John Nagle wrote:

An Indian company we once used sourced their tabs and terminals from different suppliers. The dimensions weren't particularly well controlled to say the least ( never mind the quality of the spring material ! ).
Some were indeed very "quick disconnect" !
Graham
John Nagle wrote:

That's what I thought about a Maxon motor too. When I tried to disconnect it, the motor tab broke.
Mitch
A short 1" or so wire soldered to the motor terminal with a connector on the other end of the wire may be a good alternative, with a little epoxy on the motor terminal side to add a little strength.
Dennis
http://www.dseoutdoors.com /

On 9 Feb 2006 12:22:51 -0800, "redbrickhat"

--
If not:

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=325507&e_categoryid=135&e_pcodeid=57113

Why not solder fly leads to the motor and have your connections via them then you can reuse the motor by just using a compatible connector on your next project.