Infrared Camera

Hello,
What digital video camera is currently the best (sensitivity, quantum efficency) to image around 750nm ?
Any pointers to documentation or vendors...
Thanks, JP
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best! ---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----
Jean-Pierre Gehrig wrote:

I think this is a question better posed in the video-related groups, but in any case, I don't think you've provided enough information to get a good answer. Do you want color or B&W? Low-end, high-end? Resolution? Single-board? Regular size camera with C-mount lens? What kind of digital output?
Most CCD cameras are most sensitive to infrared and near-infrared, so peaks at or near 750nm shouldn't be much of a problem. However, most color CCD cameras use an infrared cutoff filter to limit anything above about 780nm. This is for proper color rendition. You can remove the filter on some cameras; on others, it's part of the CCD. You ruin the CCD if you try to remove the filter.
-- Gordon Robots for Less at Budget Robotics: http://www.budgetrobotics.com/ Author: Robot Builder's Sourcebook & Robot Builder's Bonanza