Infrared Camera

Hello,

What digital video camera is currently the best (sensitivity, quantum efficency) to image around 750nm ?

Any pointers to documentation or vendors...

Thanks, JP

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!

---- See

----

Reply to
Jean-Pierre Gehrig

I think this is a question better posed in the video-related groups, but in any case, I don't think you've provided enough information to get a good answer. Do you want color or B&W? Low-end, high-end? Resolution? Single-board? Regular size camera with C-mount lens? What kind of digital output?

Most CCD cameras are most sensitive to infrared and near-infrared, so peaks at or near 750nm shouldn't be much of a problem. However, most color CCD cameras use an infrared cutoff filter to limit anything above about 780nm. This is for proper color rendition. You can remove the filter on some cameras; on others, it's part of the CCD. You ruin the CCD if you try to remove the filter.

-- Gordon Robots for Less at Budget Robotics:

Robot Builder's Sourcebook & Robot Builder's Bonanza

Reply to
Gordon McComb