Infrared Sensor

Dear friends: I'm trying to setup an infrared sensor with Basic Stamp 2. I'm sending a freqout pulse of 40000 to an emiter LED and I'm using a SHARP
GP1U26X Detector Maybe someone can help me with a diagram or an advice? I think I'm don't using the correct components, any suggestion... The schematics indicated in the School Book doesn't work for me, and I don't know what's going wrong with my project. Thanks and best regards
daniel
Daniel,
Check the "sensor projects" link on my pages at http://www.techtoystoday.com for a couple of projects that do this kind of thing. One is PIC based, the other discrete with a 555 and 74LS00 chip.
have fun, DLC