keypoint matching

Hi, I have been asked to do familiar scene recognition with sift keypoint match ing and homography. I have adapte dthe sift_mosaic.m code from vlfeat libra
ry. My results show many inliers which are actually not inliers so false po sitives. I want to reduce their numbers and so I increase the threshold. Do you think any change in homography would help me improve my results?
with best regards, Sweta