L298N gets very hot

Hi,

Does anyone one why my L298N would get very hot? Is it a result of too much voltage or too much current? I have a 12V 200mA transformer that I use as the power supply for my circuit... is this crazy? I tried a 9V battery and no current would flow through the circuit, so what is an ideal power source?

Thanks! julia

Reply to
Julia Goolia

Your question lacks context.

Is this a commercial product or homemade? Did it work before?

If homemade, What is the circuit? Where did you get it?

More details are required. Lots more.

-- Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------- "I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green

happyhobit

Heat production is related to the voltage drop *across* your device [power-in terminal to power-out terminal] times the current flowing through it, V*I measured in watts, so it might be too much of either or both V or I.

- dan michaels

Reply to
dan michaels