Motoman UP-6 - Controlling from a PC using VB or C++

Dear Madam / Sir,

My name is Uri Kartoun and I'm a Ph.D. student studying at the department of Industrial Engineering and Management at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.

Over the past year I conducted research at the Washington Hospital Center

using Evolution Robotics mobile robots (for example, UWB-based human-robot following, navigation, various methods for controlling a robot such as hand gesture, PDA and touch screen based, etc) - please see:
.

Currently, I just started using a Motoman UP-6 robot for a task of inspection of suspicious packages.

My university purchased the MotoCom32 DLL, a product that contains libraries for controlling the Motoman robot through serial communication using C++ or Visual Basic.

I find the documentation of this product to be very minimal and I haven't figured out yet how to control the robot from a PC computer.

I would like to collaborate with other robotic people, so any help such as source codes / documentation / other advices will be very appreciated by me.

Sincerely, Kartoun Uri.

Reply to
kartoun