Motoman UP-6 - Controlling from a PC using VB or C++

Dear Madam / Sir,
My name is Uri Kartoun and I'm a Ph.D. student studying at the department of Industrial Engineering and Management at the Ben-Gurion
University of the Negev.
Over the past year I conducted research at the Washington Hospital Center (www.imedi.org) using Evolution Robotics mobile robots (for example, UWB-based human-robot following, navigation, various methods for controlling a robot such as hand gesture, PDA and touch screen based, etc) - please see: http://www.compactech.com/kartoun/ .
Currently, I just started using a Motoman UP-6 robot for a task of inspection of suspicious packages.
My university purchased the MotoCom32 DLL, a product that contains libraries for controlling the Motoman robot through serial communication using C++ or Visual Basic.
I find the documentation of this product to be very minimal and I haven't figured out yet how to control the robot from a PC computer.
I would like to collaborate with other robotic people, so any help such as source codes / documentation / other advices will be very appreciated by me.
Sincerely, Kartoun Uri.