Non Contact thermometer follower

I just bought a " non Contact iR thermometer " at Radio Shak for $29.95. My goal is to interface it to my robot so he can follow me by tracking my body heat.

Has anyone on here had any luck with this technique ? My goal is to interface a BX-24 to the internal electronics. I have found a point on the PCB that gives a variable pulse proportionate to the temperature. Next I want to increase the range ( currently 2-3ft ) with a parabolic mirror or an 10 micron IR lens.

Any suggestions on the optic would be appreciated. thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve Vorres

Awesome!

My suggestion is to use 2 of them.