Non Contact thermometer follower

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------90CF80E0E4FE7831AE1A0F4D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
I just bought a " non Contact iR thermometer " at Radio Shak for $29.95. My goal is to interface it to my robot so he can follow me by tracking my body heat.
Has anyone on here had any luck with this technique ? My goal is to interface a BX-24 to the internal electronics. I have found a point on the PCB that gives a variable pulse proportionate to the temperature. Next I want to increase the range ( currently 2-3ft ) with a parabolic mirror or an 10 micron IR lens.
Any suggestions on the optic would be appreciated. thanks Steve
--------------90CF80E0E4FE7831AE1A0F4D Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="svorres.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Steve Vorres Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="svorres.vcf"
begin:vcard n:Vorres;Steve tel;cell:619-890-2287 tel;work:858-385-5030 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet: snipped-for-privacy@lsil.com fn:Steve Vorres end:vcard
--------------90CF80E0E4FE7831AE1A0F4D--
Awesome!
My suggestion is to use 2 of them.