OOPic and Robotic Blimp

Hello. I'm trying to build a small robotic airship to carry out indoor aerial photography.

Basically, we need a way to control motors to manoeuver the airship, a switch or relay to turn on/off a wireless camera, to control a pan and tilt mechanism. We'd also like the system to carry some sensors (compass, possibly GPS and a sonar ranger). I've been looking at the OOPic Microcontroller and the wireless control module by Total Robots. How difficult is it to control motors etc. via OOPic? Has anybody had any experience with the Wireless Module? Any information would be appreciated.

Reply to
Paul

The OOPIC is dead easy to program, but I'd be wary of the servo control. I have A version firmware, and servo control is a bit jerky - the granularity of the servo driver object is IIRC of the order of 1/36th mS for this version - don't expect smooth pans! I can't comment on more recent versions of firmware, or the wireless module - I use thick film

418/433MHz modules for serial control - Rx and Tx fit nicely on the prototyping area. Two channels of hardware PWM is a doddle to use. Just my tuppence PeterS pDOTseedATbtinternetDOTcom Other than that, you have two channels of PWM is built in.
Reply to
Spam Magnet