PC PSU Connections

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get the pin out for an old PC PSU (Don't have the number on me at the moment, but it has dual connections for the mother board + the standard HDD connections etc)?

I want to use it as a work bench supply of sorts and the thing won't start. I suspect it needs some connections to see some voltage before it will switch on.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark

You need to short the indicated connectors to get it to start.

Reply to
Mattd

: I want to use it as a work bench supply of sorts and the thing won't : start. I suspect it needs some connections to see some voltage before : it will switch on.

No, it needs some sort of load before it will function.

Plug any old disk drive into it and I bet it will function, and you can measure the voltages.

Reply to
Christopher X. Candreva

The posting by Mattd was for an ATX power supply. Since you mentioned 2 motherboard connectors it look like you need the pin out for a old AT style supply. Be sure to read the info re: the "power good" signal and the load requirements.

Here it is:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Galinat

yeah could be AT I guess. ATX ones ahve had 2 motherboard plugs for the past 3 or 4 years or so though I think

Reply to
Mattd

Matt, Yes, you are right re: the 2 connectors. The second connector was added for the P4 12v requirements. I didn't think of that since he said it was "old". I am a collector of old computer junk. I still think of the dual connector ATX supplies as pretty new. Thanks for pointing that out. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Galinat