PC PSU Connections

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get the pin out for an old PC PSU (Don't have the number on me at the moment, but it has dual
connections for the mother board + the standard HDD connections etc)?
I want to use it as a work bench supply of sorts and the thing won't start. I suspect it needs some connections to see some voltage before it will switch on.
Thanks
Mark
Mark wrote:

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/ps/psconnshort.gif
You need to short the indicated connectors to get it to start.
: I want to use it as a work bench supply of sorts and the thing won't : start. I suspect it needs some connections to see some voltage before : it will switch on.
No, it needs some sort of load before it will function.
Plug any old disk drive into it and I bet it will function, and you can measure the voltages.
Chris Candreva -- snipped-for-privacy@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
The posting by Mattd was for an ATX power supply. Since you mentioned 2 motherboard connectors it look like you need the pin out for a old AT style supply. Be sure to read the info re: the "power good" signal and the load requirements.
Here it is: http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/pcpsu_connector.html
Jeff

Jeff Galinat wrote:

yeah could be AT I guess. ATX ones ahve had 2 motherboard plugs for the past 3 or 4 years or so though I think

Matt, Yes, you are right re: the 2 connectors. The second connector was added for the P4 12v requirements. I didn't think of that since he said it was "old". I am a collector of old computer junk. I still think of the dual connector ATX supplies as pretty new. Thanks for pointing that out. Jeff