PI Velocity Loop Tuning

While I've had PID managed fairly well, I just tried my first velocity loop. Clearly PI loops tune a bit different than PID loops. Anyone with
experince care to comment or give hints?
--
Randy M. Dumse
www.newmicros.com

Found this Danaher Motion site, which is about the best description I've seen so far. But it seems to only use the Kpv term. I expect one needs the Kp and Ki as well. Anyone have experience and can enlighten me?
--
Randy M. Dumse
www.newmicros.com
Randy M. Dumse wrote:

Here's a great site for learning about PID control. It has a simulator for getting a good feel for tuning PID loops instead of just a bunch of engineering equations:
http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Feedback/ControlTypes.html
BRW