PI Velocity Loop Tuning

While I've had PID managed fairly well, I just tried my first velocity loop. Clearly PI loops tune a bit different than PID loops. Anyone with experince care to comment or give hints?

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Found this Danaher Motion site, which is about the best description I've seen so far. But it seems to only use the Kpv term. I expect one needs the Kp and Ki as well. Anyone have experience and can enlighten me?

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Here's a great site for learning about PID control. It has a simulator for getting a good feel for tuning PID loops instead of just a bunch of engineering equations:

BRW

Reply to
BRW