Quiet 9V+ motor suggestions

I am looking for some 9V motors with plenty of torque for a ~3 lb carpet
bot. My most important criteria are the torque to move 3 lbs and quiet
operation. Have any of you found a certain type or brand of motor to be
quietest in medium sized bots like this?
Reply to
sinner
High end motors are usually both physically and electrically quiet. Acroname sells some nice Maxon motors with gear heads and encoders for around $120 each. You can also look on eBay, but you'll need to decide for yourself whether the ones you find meet your speed and torque requirements at 9V.
Mitch Berkson
Reply to
Mitch Berkson