Need small gearhed electric motor

I need a small gearhead electric motor, 115V with an output shaft speed around 200 RPM, but buying a new one could be pricey. Princess Auto were selling some in their surplus section that were originally from a xerox machine. but of course with surplus, they've got what they've got only when they've got it, and they're not stocking it any more. Anybody know of similar sources?

Reply to
John Ings

Try the Surplus Center, if what you want isn't on the web site, call them.

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Try this:

LP

Ooooh! That's the place to look! Thanks!

Reply to
John Ings

John, see GTO(John)'s Hospital bed motors? post, 6/14/04 11:13pm about a motor

WB .............

Reply to
Wild Bill

Try ebay, they have them in all types and sizes. I needed one for a power feed for my mill-drill and wasn't sure whatI needed. I bought 5 of them before I got one that did the job. Engineman1

Reply to
Engineman1

What type/model did you find satisfactory? The feed screw is acme thread?

WB ......................

Reply to
Wild Bill

Check out american science & surplus -

They've generally got a fair selection of small motors at good prices, but know what it is you're buying. Pragmatist

Reply to
pragmatist

And

for more surplus stuff.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Reply to
Carl Ijames

John

Have you thought about using a variable speed elelctric drill motor??? They are low in cost and can easily be modified.

JRW

Reply to
J.R. Williams

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Trates surplus....... 570-742-2101 ask for Gary

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

The first one was AC and I had a DC controller, the vendor sent me a DC motor and let me keep the first one. The second one didn't have enough power and slowed down on heavy cuts. The 3rd had plenty of power but was so heavy it deflected my table anf the 4th had a short in the armature winding that raised hell with my controller. The one I'm using now is so long it's clumsy but it does the job.

Engineman1

See it at:

Engineman1

Thanks, I remember the one eBay motor you asked about here in RCM.. I'm glad things finally worked out for your application. The 140:1 gear ratio is probably capable of supplying plenty of torque for almost any small-medium sized table feed operation.

Reply to
Wild Bill