Tool Bit for V-Belt Pulleys

A Few Questions:
I recently made a v-belt pulley but with some difficulty because I had trouble setting up a 20 degree angle
on the inside surface closest the lathe head. I suppose I could turn the pulley around but then it might not run true.
Anyway, seems like I should be able buy an off-the-shelf tool bit with a snubbed 40 degree included angle. Just plunge a certain depth and I'm done. Is there such an animal?
Second, I could go for a smaller belt but can't seem to find anything smaller than 2L. Where should I look? And if I can't go smaller, how come?
Third, I once got machine shop info from some other usenet group alt. rec.something. What was it?
Brad Smallridge AiVision
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 20:13:13 -0800, "Brad Smallridge"

The below group is probably what you are looking for.
rec.crafts.metalworking

OK. Thanks.

The 7x12 Minilathe group on Yahoo is also very good.
The approach I would take on your problem is to grind my own tooling to the desired pulley shape. It's a skill every machinist should have for situations like this.
BRW

I can do a hand job but I don't have the equipment to do a really nice bit. That's why I asked if there was an off-the-shelf solution.