Transistor question

I have a 2n2222 transistor ( marked NTE 590a). I am trying to figure
out which leads are which. I tested with diode mode all 6
combinations, and found that, flat side up, the right most lead is
the base. How do i figure out the other 2? And in a schematic with a
transistor, the arrow lead is always the emitter correct?
- --
-
Reply to
Kolie Kay
The arrow is always the emitter on this type of transistor. On NPN, the arrow points "out" on PNP, it points in, so you should be able to use this page to get the pinout.

Alan Kilian
are you sure that is the pin out the 2n2222a follows. Like it said, not all of them follow that format :)
- -- -
Reply to
Kolie Kay