Virtual robots

Im looking for a community (website/usenet) for virtual robots. e.g. robots that are purely virtual in a virtual environment. I remember lots
of different apps where you could write your own robot program and it would execute in this arena but I cant seem to find anything. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.
[posted and mailed]

Some older stuff that I had a lot of fun with.
http://www.feverish.demon.co.uk/omega/index.html
If you have a PlayStation or PlayStation 2 try and find a program called Carnage Heart:
http://psx.ign.com/articles/150/150304p1.html
Other things you may be interested in:
SimRobot:
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/simrobot/index_e.htm
Framsticks:
http://www.frams.poznan.pl /
RP1
http://rossum.sourceforge.net/sim.html

To these I would like to add RoboCode: http://robocode.net /
Insanely fun battle game where you program a tanklike robot to seek out and destroy other robots in an arena. The programming is done in Java, everything you need to write and run the code is provided, lots of classes for things like movement, radar, and weapons fire. Lots of strategy to it. There are tournaments where you can enter your robots against ones that other people have coded.