Subject Author Posted Replies

Start/boot a version of Linux in 100-800 millisecond on an embedded HW
I would like to use Linux on an embedded HW and my application requires the system to start operation as soon as it is switched on. (As an example, imagine a VCR, which start operation in a fraction...
11
11

how to make a stepper motor step gradually?
Hello, I have a stepper motor which rotates a platform at 3.6deg/step. There's an object on the platform. At each step I have to take a photo of the object. The motor is in full step mode. The problem...
6
6

AIM Team job offer.
I am preparing three vehicles for the next phase of the DARPA Grand Challenge - The Urban Driving Challenge and am looking for volunteers who want to work with me on this leading edge of robotics....

Job Wanted
Could someone point me in the right direction to seeking employment with entertainment robotics? How is Animatronics fairing-up to Computer graphics these days?...
1
1

New releases of the Framsticks Simulator and Framsticks Theater (v2.11)
Dear All, We would like to announce the release of the next version of Framsticks Simulator and Framsticks Theater, v2.11. The previous notification was sent in August 2004, so it is a significant...

Anyone know a good cheap relay for 120VAC loads
I'm trying to use my little AVR to control up to 12 120VAC loads, up to 5 amps. Does anyone know of a cheap (< $5 US) relay (SPST-NO) that only needs 40 mA or less to activate? My Tyco T77 relays need...
4
4

Human-Robot Collaboration and Reinforcement Learning
Hi, Here are two papers I wrote that were accepted recently: 1) Kartoun U., Stern H., Edan Y. 2006. Human-Robot Collaborative Learning System for Inspection. IEEE International Conference on Systems,...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 30, 2006
UPDATE: Dug Into Loose Soil Again - sol 825-834, May 30, 2006: Opportunity's wheels dug into loose soil during a drive on sol 833 (May 29, 2006). The drive was planned for about 24 meters (79 feet)...
8
8

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 26, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Studies of Martian "Winter Haven" - sol 847-854, May 26, 2006: Spirit continued to collect images for the 360-degree panorama, now under construction, of the rover's "Winter...

What is the state of Robotics Currently.
I want an overpriced android that can learn to do those things and and not fail. Cheap specialized machines optimized for a specific task will always be around but there is value in having a humanoid...
12
12

Photonics
I just started reading up on BEAMbots etc. at solarbotics, and wondered if there were any similar, introductory DIY projects using fiber/photonics/etc.

Voltage checker for Basic Stamp II robot project
Hello, I am working on a outdoor all-terrain robot. The robot is pwered by 6V NiMH batteries that are charged by solar pannels (I guess like the Mars rovers). Anyway, I need a small 6V... voltage...
10
10

foldable keyboard?
hello group, I'm looking for a foldable keyboard (not a flexible kbd, but one that folds in thirds... max folded dimensions up to 6 inches in width I've looked for them on ebay, etc.. Anyone know...

Vacuum forming
Hi Does anybody knows a place in San Diego or online that I could send an sculpted form and they would create the plastic vacuum formed from the sculpture? Or, does anybody close to San Diego has one...
4
4

Ball mouse turned into cheap tachometer...
I am trying to create a simple DIY tachometer using parts to a Radio Shack serial ball mouse I have. The idea is to use the shaft encoder (disk with equi-spaced slots) and the (what seems to be)...
2
2