Ahem, senators....

Some REAL WORLD proof to refute the grossly exaggerated assertions of senators Schumer and Lautenberg:

..."One estimate suggests that in approximately 2,000 firings of the rocket no-one has been killed."

..."For their own reasons, Israel and Hamas seem to be playing up the danger that the rocket poses - Hamas can trumpet its military effectiveness and Israel has further arguments to justify its raids into Gaza and the West Bank and its policy of liquidating Hamas members."

...it would seem that certain U.S. senators too, can cunningly play up imaginary dangers in order to implant irrational fears in their constituency and to bolster their own political careers.

Reply to
BB

That is hard evidence, therefore it is irrelevant to our govt.

BTW, that Qassam-2 nozzle reminds me of a certain medussa...nevermind.

Reply to
Tim

BB I want to thank you for posting something useful.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sheesh, you'd think that the BBC would get their grammar correct:

"...The rocket is launched from a pipe roughly a metre (yard) long and

120 millimetres wide using an explosive charge of four to six kilograms."

So, do they launch it with an explosive charge, or is the payload an explosive charge?

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

According to the ATF if it had an explosive warhead it would then be considered double-secret explosive........We'll have to ask 'Software Pirate' Hatch why it has been unsuccessful in taking out tanks from

*only* five miles away.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

In that case it would be a 120mm mortar, not a rocket, and that would have to be a hefty piece of pipe. IIRC the body tube is about 120mm irrigation pipe and an earlier picture showed it being launched off a

8 foot or so tube-strut rail at about 30 deg from horizontal. A larger piece of tubing could have been slit for the fins to provide a "launch tube" for later models.
Reply to
Eric Pederson

kilograms."

We (where I work) have made just about every 120mm mortar round ever made. The original design was based on the Israeli design, and we have even made

10's of thousands for the Israelis too. I would say that your guess as to it being a mortar round is correct.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3

Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc