My Resume

Hi again guys! I know I've probably stirred up my share of crap lately, and I think it's fair to let you all know a little about me, and why I like to discuss all the welding stuff.......

I'm a VN vet. I flew Chinooks (Ch-47), out of Phu Bai from 1970-1971. I was a CW2, and got out in 1972.

I went to work for a major welding supply place in 1973. They have since gone under.

Since then, it's been a roller coaster. I was a RR Engineer for 10 years. I was also a truck driver, and ran a truck driving school for a time. For hobbies, I made, and raced dirt cars, made and flew ultra-lights, and also started a pool league. I worked in the California Dept of Corrections, and also the Texas version for years. About 10 years ago, I broke my back and spine, and had it welded back together. I started to teach myself to build computers, and can answer most questions you may have. Now, I'm trying to get back into the things I love, and this includes welding. But, unfortunately, I'm also a rebel at heart......That's the reason you see me question stuff, as I read all I can on any subject.

You all have been more than helpful, and polite with my questions. I do not wish to upset the NG, nor do I wish to alienate anybody here. I'd like to tap your knowledge, have spirited discussions, and generally make myself at home......

What what am I likely to have problems with?

Josh

Reply to
Josh

So how do explain using crap like

(from your headers)?

That's what this NG is suposed to be for. :-)

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Ted, I use the current Mozilla build, also for a NR, I use Opera, and about

20 others I play with. This computer is my *bottom lady*, and has stayed on line for 3 plus years with no problem. If you build computers, you know you need such as this to DL the current drivers..........I have over stayed my welcome, and I say thanks to everyone here. Bye to all who have helped me.
Reply to
Josh

Josh, Where ya goin ???

I for one enjoy lurk....I mean reading your questions just as much as anyone elses.

I don't know how you could overstay your welcome, unless I'm missing something here ??.

I'd hate to see this group lose anyone......except the trolls and spammer :)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

Ok, Jeff, here's the deal......I have a history. I tend to go off at the resident expert when his advice doesn't fit what I know.

I also tend to go off, when a so-called expert, tries to pull the wool over somebody's eyes. I've also been a trouble maker my entire life. No question. BUT, I'm not stupid. I can read, and comprehend better than most. I can also be wrong, and have been proven so many times. I always acknowledge the facts, and apologize if appropriate. But, I tend to get to *it* much sooner than anyone wants me to.

This is my history, and it's true. I get extremely bored waiting for anything. So............

Does anyone want to *really* debate about the controversial issues regarding welding?

If I have the facts, will you? Or will you rest on your reputation?

Care to LEARN something?

This is my criteria for sticking around. Care to have a conversation about..................?

Josh.

Reply to
Linus

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Have a nice life.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Uhh, what controversial issues? It's welding, not solving world peace.

Reply to
Rich Jones

Although, you gotta admit it ............. sometimes solving world peace is easier ..................

And the only thing I can see that's controversial in the WHOLE welding world are those funny little hats ....................

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

There are concontroversial issues regarding welding?

Reply to
Rich Grise