More fun with CFD

I did some more computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analysis, this time of a

1950s era NACA research vehicle called the RM-10. It was used to research supersonic aerodynamics. The page is at:

I am still waiting for a software upgrade to allow continued work on the Alpha launch lug. Our present version will not allow me to mesh a fine grid around the lug area to increase the accuracy of the solution.

Reply to
David Stribling

Maybe model the launch lug as an inlet.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

thanks for posting this - the RM-10 is really awesome looking. the cfd is fun too.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Hi David, What was the CFD code you used?

Fly straight and true (even on a computer)!

MikeyR Day job -- CFD analyist...

Reply to
BRMutti

Looks like COSMOS Flo works to me...

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

Yup! Good eye Stephen! Our full time analysts use Fluent--I do more structures work (ANSYS FEA) but like fooling around--er, TRAINING with FloWorks!

DS

Reply to
David Stribling

Hi all, We use Fluent and CFX for our little jobs (< 3million nodes), and a home-grown code for the real ones (30-50 million) on 32-128 processors....

Compute straight and true!

MikeyR

Reply to
BRMutti

Some people get to have _all_ of the fun!

DS

Reply to
David Stribling

Send him some samples to work with.