PAX Mixer Inc. (PMI) located in San Rafael (soon to be Napa, CA) is a
well-funded start-up company developing novel industrial mixing
technologies for a variety of industries including biofuels, waste
water treatment, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. PMI is a spin-out
from parent company PAX Scientific -a pioneer in the field of
biomimetic industrial design - applying nature's best designs for
efficient fluid movement to man-made systems.
PMI is seeking an energetic and dynamic fluid dynamics engineer to
spearhead its computational and experimental research and development
program in industrial mixing and thermal mixing processes and impeller
design and validation. Because of the small size of the Company the
individual will have a broad range of responsibilities with unusual
opportunity for rapid growth.
* Conceive, design and execute advanced 3D computational fluid
dynamics (CFD) simulations of fluid flow phenomena in a variety of
industrial mixing applications. Simulations will cover both static and
rotating mixers and both steady state and time dependant calculations.
* Characterize and quantify the fluid systems created by PAX mixers
and inserts and apply these characteristics to maximize product
performance in application.
* Adapt the computationally-based parametric design approach
(currently used by parent company PAX Scientific in the field of fan
design) to the design of mixing impellers, static mixer inserts.
Design and create new features in the tool to tailor it to the
requirements of mixer and insert design and allow the control of the
unique flow patterns created by PAX mixers/inserts.
* Conceive, design and execute scaled mixing experiments to validate
and complement numerical analysis.
* Develop robust scaling relationships for PMI mixing technologies for
real-world industrial mixing applications in a variety of open and
closed vessel sizes and geometries.
* Work directly with Product Engineers and Technical Sales staff to
develop and validate new mixing products for various markets from
initial concept, to testing, to client-ready demonstration prototypes
for licensing or manufacturing purposes.
* Ph.D. (or Master's degree with sufficient R&D experience) in
Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering with a focus in fluid dynamics.
* Experienced user of CFD modeling to simulate and analyze fluid flow
in a range of problem types.
* Experience in writing computational fluid dynamics code
* In depth understanding of fluid dynamics and associated modeling
* Proficiency with CAD software. (SolidWorks preferable.)
* Experience creating meshes for CFD using commercial packages.
* Experience with developing test software. (Labview preferable.)
* Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques.
* Strongly motivated to develop technologies with improved energy
efficiency, superior performance and outstanding elegance of design
Those interested in being considered for this opportunity are invited
to email resumes to: Gary Jong at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses
will be handled promptly and managed professionally.
- posted 14 years ago