Robotics Software Engineer San Jose CA

I'm posting this here as I believe that people that enjoy robotics (especially realtime programming and hw/sw interfacing) would also enjoy an opportunity

Machine Control Robotics Software Development Engineer

Software Development Engineer to join our outstanding Automation Software Development Team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with the ability to work comfortably on both individual- and team-oriented projects.

Responsibilities This individual will work closely with the Mechanical and Electrical engineering teams to define and implement all aspects of machine controls, operator interfaces, and data reporting as a part of our custom factory automation solutions. The ability to understand and evaluate interfaces between hardware mechanisms and software control will be required to develop overall system and I/O

requirements.=B7 Primary responsibilities will include software design, coding, testing, and debugging of a diverse range of machine control platforms Contribution to the development of new / improved automation concepts. Provide internal and external customer software support when necessary.

Qualifications Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field Minimum requirements: Minimum of 2 years prefer 8 years machine control programming experience required in either or all of the following:

Servo / Stepper drive systems Discrete I/O control applications Robotics or Machine Vision applications PC Control systems Embedded machine control

Ability to provide clear and concise communication of product concepts and engineering requirements Ability to follow both written and verbal direction, and to ask questions when needed Willingness to exercise considerable independent judgment A desire to work within the automation industry and see projects through to completion Must be willing to travel as required ~ 6 weeks / year Ability to work in a clean room environment. Class 1 to Class 1000.

This may be required during the installation and support of existing and new projects on our customer floors. Machine, software troubleshooting abilities

Desired requirements: Direct experience programming for robotics and or machine vision applications Human/Machine Interface application design and development Ethernet networking experience Serial communication using Barcode Readers, RFID or other peripheral devices=B7 PLC, V+, C++, C#, C, VB, Java, XML programming experience a plus>

The company is located in San Jose CA. Please forward resume to joe dot connell at comcast.net

Thank you Joe

Reply to
JoeC

LOL....

Well JoeC,

I'm posting this here as I believe that people that enjoy robotics (especially realtime programming and hw/sw interfacing) would also enjoy being paid very, very well for their time...so how MUCH is this great opportunity that you offer paying which happens to be located in one of the most expensive locations in the United States?

TMT

JoeC wrote:

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I would imagine that most regular posters here are already paid very well for their time. The fact that a job advertisement lacks a salary range in no way implies that the company is cheap. Some just prefer to hold that card close. The main red flags here are that he has a non-corporate email address and says "the company", not "my company", and not even a named company. That means he is a headhunter. While robotics jobs are in general on-topic, we would really prefer to see ads like:

"Hi, I'm an engineer at company X, we're developing a really cool robot that does Y, and we're looking for engineers that know A B and C to help us."

to ads like:

"Hi, I'm a headhunter, company X gave me this list of things they want but I don't understand. Instead of telling you about what X does or what X is really called I want you to send me your resume so I can forward it to them and collect a commission without doing any actual work."

--which is spam. Get lost, headhunters. You are not welcome here.

-chris.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Reply to
e c kern