electronics books for software engineer?

Hi,

I'm a software engineer with 3 years experience writing AI software for RoboCup Small-Sized League, Robot Soccer, in Linux C and M$ VC++.

I want to remove my dependance on others to produce the electronics and mechanics for me. Can anyone recommend any good books to do this?

I'm currently considering "Robot Building for Dummies", 2003 and "Amphibionics" by Karl Williams, 2003 MaGraw-Hill. Does anyone think they are worth getting?

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Jason

HI Jason,

I have the book "Amphibionics" by Karl Williams. It is a very good book. It will give you elementary knowledge for using Pic Basic in robotics and how to use other sensors and how to create your own ones. The mechanics of his robots is as well good explained.

I don't know about the other books but I think you should also look for "Constructing Robot Bases" and "Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza" by Gordon. He is on this news group so he will know it better than me.

Good luck, Refa

Reply to
Refik Hadzialic