Lego light sensor corrupts encoder readings on Handyboard

I am using the Handy Board (with expansion board) in my university's robotics class. I have discovered that when I attach the Lego light sensor to one of the Lego ports, the amount of "clicks" I get out of my encoder on another Lego port halves. When I unplug the light sensor the amount of clicks per rotation is back to normal. Do you know what causes this phenomena? How can I correct this?

Thanx!

-Franky

Reply to
Franky

--If you're doing this in a room with electric lighting it makes sense. Try it out of doors and see what happens using sunlight.

Reply to
steamer