Upscaling the Scissor-wing Transport

This is the project I've always wanted to do. R/C... dual aileron servos and elevator. It seems to me there has to be some folks who have done it and Im hoping someone can point me to more information. I'm hoping to upscale it 2.5x so I can use 2.6" dia kraft tubes for the airframe. Also it would seem that I could keep weight down by using coroplast for the wing, though it wont so nice. Im hoping I can draw off of someone else experience but any info/suggestions will appreciated.

-Bill ps My understanding is that boost-gliders , legally, can only use mid power motors. Is this true ?

Reply to
Bill Botook

I don't think so...look for the 'X-30 project, they flew an RC 'boost glider' an a Hypertek M! That sure aint no mid-power motor! Very nice flight if you can find the video.

-- Niall Oswald ========= UKRA 1345 L0 EARS 1151 MARS

"Gravity assisted pieces of the rocket raining from the sky should be avoided. It is also financially undesirable."

-Portland State Aerospace Society

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Years ago a NIRA member upsacled one of these and flew it in up to J motors IIRC. I can't recall if it was RC or just free flight like the original. I know I saw it fly at least once.

Hardly. Competition classes are limited to G motors only because NAR competition is limited to G motors. But plenty of BGs have been built that are true HPR. AstronMike used to be active here, and did all sorts of stuff like that.

Bob Kaplow

If so, then Bubba wouldve had me looooong before he gets to Jerry 8^)

AstronMike

Reply to
Mike Lee Kochel