NASA launch

I happened to turn on the Dashboard widget and watch NASA tv at 9:30 EST and caught the 10 count of the Deep space project rocket. After it got
past mach and leveled out the screen went black. I trust all is well, it's just a pity there wasn't more lead time for school's etc to see the one minute coverage. The motors sounded cool.
Chuck
What were you watching?
Today is the launch of the New Horizons probe to Pluto.
It has not launched yet.
Were you watching a replay of a past launch or an animation?
"Chuck Rudy" < snipped-for-privacy@verizonnospamdot.net> wrote in message
Fred Shecter wrote:

Very good question. It wasn't an animation. Either there was a second launch this morning of a not so publicized launch or an earlier launch was done in War of the Worlds mode as they cut into NASA programming and called it the 'deep space probe' project. One minute into the launch the screen went black and they announced they were going back to regular NASA programming, and after a couple minutes the screen went to an ISS interview of kids in a Middle School and the inhabitants of the station.
Afterward they showed the Pluto rocket sitting on the pad and said they were in a 17 minute delay and explained the window for the launch.
So I'm as puzzled as anyone......little help!
Chuck
Chuck Rudy wrote:

T-Minus 4 min and counting. In 7 min hold. Weather looks go. Atlas launch control is reporting all systems are go for launch. This is FAR more exciting than a Space Shuttle Launch ... here we're actually doing some REAL science for a change and discovering things we DON'T have a clue about!
Lunarlos
P.s. Range control is reporting NO GO! 6000 foot cloud ceiling ... right on! Lets get it right the FRIST TIME!
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Hold now extended until 13:55 est.
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

New T0 scheduled for 1900Z - 14:00 est... clouds pending.
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
Our tax dollars are about to be well spent ... t-minus 3 min and counting ...

WOW, now even NASA can't fire rockets into the clouds !
Cranny Dane wrote:

Well They could, They just don't want to lose it.

So they don't want to loose sight of it, or it would get lost in the clouds ;)
How is the weather on Pluto?

Almost as cold as Fargo.
-- David