[POLL] Contest Trophies

The Proposal: Provide trophies FREE to ALL contests, places 1-4, all age catagories, and special awards.

Maker: U.S. Rockets (brand)

Sponsorship: U.S. Rockets (brand) website posted on all event literature, ads, collateral and minor publications (stationary).

Time horizon: Immediate till 3 year test period ends.

I probably is impenitrable from association shutting it down unilaterally, since it is unilateral, fair, supportive of ALL causes, and even helpful to a missing piece in NAR competition rocketry of today.

ALL local plaques are needed in all cases. Vendors provided.

Comments?

Club affiliation non-critical. Geography non-critical.

Merely Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Doesn't matter so they do not have to even be disturbed by it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I feel a NEPRA bowling ball contest coming on!

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Will your trophies include the somewhat standardized 'rocket top', or will they use some other 'generic' topper? What is the overall design intent on these? Are you gonna supply all 225 or so for an average NARAM?

chad

Reply to
chad

Wood like base, short gold riser, main stem of my choosing, gold topper, ROCKET ornament.

Plaque is local users responsibility of the format

CONTEST NAME IN BOLD LARGE Date and Place Place and Event Awarded Name and score or performance Trpphy donated by usrockets.com (smallest available type)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

NARAM is wimpy.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

First, I'd say that I doubt that they would say anything because there's nothing there for them to be against. I think the NAR BoD is processional enough to keep any personal feelings (IF there are any) out of the situation.

Second if they do say anything, who cares? MARS is not NAR & NAR is not MARS.

At TRA - Jerry's true fan club, they gratefully acknowledged a donation he made to something - (I think it was the LDRS raffle)

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

many years ago I toured the worlds largest trophy manufacturer, right here in Chicago. All those rocket tops come from there. Back then they were still refusing the Oscar contract, but they finally relented and now make those famous trophies as well.

Bob Kaplow

Then they lost them in transport.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

R.S. Owens....there's actually another supplier of those tops, they're slightly different, but the R.S. Owens one's are nicer.

And yup, the make the Oscars. (Maybe we'll get some of the leftover Oscars for some NARAM trophies sometime!)

chad

Reply to
chad

Chad please email me for the good news.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm having an OPEN meet with 3 events in October.

I'll offer to be a test case, I would consider it a great deal.

Sponsored by US rockets would be a metal label on the trophies I assume.

Art Upton

Reply to
Art Upton

That would be them...

We should have our own statue designed. The Harry.

Bob Kaplow

I want a G Harry shot glass from Bill Stine.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine