Re: Designing a rocket for a given motor

Looking for idea's building a rocket for H220-7, 9 motor, I'm thinking > airframe

> size of 3inch for the 7 second and 2.56inch for the 9 second, sound about > right? any input welcome, thanks, Le

Do a run with alt.bas (on rmr).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Eric, that design is so 70's !

Jerry

Feature not bug

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But he didn't specify a decade. In fact, he didn't specify much at all. The H220T has a pretty nice punch for a commercial motor. If I lived out west near a big desert flying area, I'd have a rocket like the one I described.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398 Secretary, ICBM - Tripoli SC Secretary, ROSCO - NAR section 648

Reply to
Eric Benner

LOC Graduator (2.6" airframe) will work with a 9 sec delay, 2300'. Problem is, that is at 13 oz. If you overbuild for durability and to fly larger motors without shreds, so 13 oz. won't work, that is a bare minimum. Suggestion would be to put some numbers in WRASP and add some weight to see what you get.

-Boomer

Reply to
Boomer

thanks guys, I'll check out wrasp, these are 38mm black powder motors with a failure rate so looking for something low in cost, loc is a good start , Le

Reply to
LeRoycom

Teleflite used to offer this kit but with a 38mm mount:

And for smaller motors the screamer.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LOC Aura or an Aerotech Mustang with a good shock cord...

Should scoot nicely and deploy before getting too far up there... ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

these are 38 mm motors from rocketflite