Re: [TECH THREAD!] Clustering - Follow up

I spoke with Anthony at length about the problem. (Fun guy to talk to about the defense business) It appears that there was a small batch made during the transition from the old grain size to the new grain size. I had some of the few transitional motors. Anthony sent me some replacements.

I was not looking for anything from him. I had it chalked up to "stuff happens". Anthony went out of his way to "seek out" problems his customers have and remedy the situation. I've never been more impressed with a company. Ever.

For me, customer service is more important than price. I spend millions of dollars at work and when I do, I look for the "best value", not the cheapest. The total package of service and quality can be more important than saving a few bucks.

CTI is the best value in HPR.

Thanks Anthony,

Doc

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Hi Doc, > > Something is very askew here. We have repeatedly tested fuse heads set back > as much as three inches down the port from the receiver/booster pellet on > the 6 grain and the motors lit. The receiver/booster is very sensitive with > that match and if the pellet goes, the motor goes. Did the pellets go on the > un-fired motors? Having three motors, have three igniters go and not light, > is way off any statistical data on that system. I know of clusters of 8 and > 10 Pro J motors that have been run 100% with the supplied system. > > I know you indicated that the igniters went off, but is there any > possibility that the leads got tugged or displaced at launch (the sequence > is not clear to me in your post) and the heads were more than 3 inches away > from the pellet at the time they ignited? > > Can you please provide me (off line) with a telephone number and a > convenient time to to call you? I would like to discuss this with you. > > Regards, > > Anthony J. Cesaroni > President/CEO > Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace >
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto > (410) 571-8292 Annapolis > > -- > > > > > > Please tell me more. You had 4 motors installed and only one lit? Did > the > > > fuse heads on the three that didn't fire go off? > > > > I had 5 motors installed; for Pro 38 6G and one Pro54 5G motor. (I was > > mistaken on the original post.) I was going to light the Pro54 and two of > > the Pro38's off the pad, then air start the other two Pro38's. Answering > > Ray's question in the next post: the igniter wires were striped and > twisted > > for about an inch. The connections were arranged such that the rocket > could > > lift off the pad for almost a foot, before the connections would be broke. > > The power source was a 700 CCA car battery. All igniters went off. > > > > Of the three motors, only one Pro38 lit. It lifted it about 300 feet of > the > > ground and came down on it tail at a steep angle. It was then (of course) > > that the air start board lit another of the pro 38's. (not a pretty > scene.) > > > > One thing I did notice was that these particular Pro38's appeared hotter > > than usual. Two (or 3) of then just about burned through the side of their > > cases. > > > > Here is a picture of the flight.

> this photo clearly shows only one of the motors lighting.

> > > Here is a page on the build. > >
> > > Here's the irony of the whole thing... The reason I put ALL CTI motors in > > this particular flight was to snap a photo for the CTI photo contest! :-( > > > > -- > > Drake "Doc" Damerau > >
> > NEPRA President > > NAR Section 614 > > NAR 79986 L3 > >
> > Remove "My Shorts" to reply > >
Reply to
Doc

I warned you!

Moon me!

Fly with CTI!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I agree, CTI's customer service is top-notch.

Reply to
RayDunakin