DRO- Another Follow-Up

In my previous thread on this subject I mentioned I had chosen the wrong scale for the Z-axis of my FB-2 mill. I contacted Alan Ward at Machine-DRO, and he was fantastically helpful; I can strongly recommend their service.

I also mentioned to Alan that I was uncertain about fitting DRO to my Super 7 because of the difficulty of finding a location for the cross-slide scale. Alan was kind enough to send me a copy of the text of an article they have written on fitting DRO to the Myford 7-series lathes, which was very useful, though it will probably be even more clear when I see the photos on publication. Incidentally, Alan told me the article is to be published in MEW issue 126; those interested may want to keep an eye open for it, or even buy a copy if they are not subscribers (hard though that is to imagine).

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

There is room on the smallest lathe:

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Of course, if you have plenty of room at the back. Unfortunately, I don't. Nor am I prepared to have anything sticking out at the front.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Unless you have taper turning fitted.