Jenix replacement scale for Anilam MiniWizard DRO?

I'm looking for the best economic bang for the buck and I have little or no experience with DROs. My Bridgeport mill came with an old Anilam MiniWizard with the red lighted digits and raised push buttons. The mill only had the Y axis scale. I'd like to get an X axis scale for my 42" table. I think the DRO works since the digits change when the table moves, but I have no idea how to use the keypad other than setting zero via the reset button, so I can't tell if other functions work.

The guy on eBay who sells Jenix replacements says it needs a 36" scale which gives 30" of travel. I measured my table travel and it's 37.5", so that part sounds ok.

The price for a new Jenix scale is $272 with free shipping from CA. That seems to beat the Anilam - Accurite new prices, BUT are there used Anilam scales out there at a more reasonable price? Is there another alternative that might be a better way to go?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Huh? If you need 37.5" of travel, and the "36 inch" unit provides only

30" of travel, things will not go well at the ends of the travel range. You have alomst 8" of too much travel. A B-port is quite capable of breaking a Jenix scale.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

You said that you have a BP mill with a 42" table. If that is correct than you should have 30" of travel. If you have a 48" table then you have 36" of travel. To get 37.5" of travel in a 48" table you must be moving the table far inside the saddle with the handle removed maybe which is not a good idea. These travels were set by BP and not me. There are scales on Ebay that you can buy that are cheaper than what I sell. I promise they are very used and will not come with a 5 year warranty that I offer on my new scales. Regards, Tim Barnard

877-376-4373
Reply to
Linear Measuring Systems

Tim,

I bought a "Uniq" mill DRO from you (I hope that my memory does not fault me). The DRO seems to work fine.

I tried to take pictures that would explain how to install it on a Bridgeport.

Feel free to use my pictures, but refer to my webpage.

Ignoramus18994

Whoops. Meandering fingers. That should have been 27.5" of travel from my 42" table.

RLW

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Ah. That's better. Center it well, and you're golden.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn