"Top 10" DRO

Does anyone have experience with the "Top 10" DROs being sold on ebay?

I guess the same guy sells a few other brands too.
I'm looking to get a 3 axis DRO with decent features at a decenet price
for my mill & 2 axis for a lathe....
Reply to
dcs2005
Go to >
its a great tool for about $200.00 or more if you want to up grade the scales. It's a do it yourself project.
dcs2005 wrote:
Scott Henrichs
I suppose you noticed that the seller's location is Singapore. I would be wary of an unknown manufacturer from outside the U.S., particularly in the areas of a concise operating manual and product support. There have been some complete new systems listed on eBay recently, made by reputable manufacturers with U.S. distributors which can provide product support.
Wild Bill
I bought and installed the DRO kit from
happy with it. It has no calculator or bolt circle functions but works very well and has the 1/2 function and Metric/Inch etc. The best part about it is it comes from Ken :) Wonderful support and about half the price. It does not use the glass encoders but I understand it is possible to use them if you prefer. Personally I like my handheld calculator better than having one hangining on a bracket. I am not sure what the big deal about a bolt circle function is anyway. Not a problem to figure out for the few times you are likely to use it. YMMV Glenn
> >> I guess the same guy sells a few other brands too. >> >> I'm looking to get a 3 axis DRO with decent features at a decenet price >> for my mill & 2 axis for a lathe.... >> >> > > > >
Reply to
Glenn