A Pasta Machine is NOT a Rolling Mill

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding my need for a rolling mill. I
should be able to get what I need for less than $200. Anyhow, I got this
great idea of trying out my garage sale pasta machine on my copper wire. I
was able to get #14 wire ~ .066" down to .033" in 4 passes with no
annealing. My machine would not allow any thinner. Also, the last pass
left some slight grooving on the rollers which should not affect its pasta
forming functionality.
Larry
Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote
I can give you free roller bearings if you want to make a rolling mill.
Ignoramus29737
I bet if you'd annealed the copper wire between passes you could have gotten it thinner and also without leaving grooves.
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
snip-----
Yep! No question about it.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Maybe it would only go down to .033 because that is as close as the rollers are able to close together?
Errol Groff
Reply to
Errol Groff
Good thing it's only for pasta....
You just reminded me of the tongue lashing I deservedly received from my dad for cranking a jeweler's saw blade through the rolling mill at his jewelry manufacturing shop, "to see what would happen.", when I was about ten years old.
It wasn't discovered until a couple of days later when one of the "bench men" put a piece of plate through the mill and it came out with saw blades embossed on both sides.
IIRC dad had to send those rolls out to a shop to get them cleaned up.
Thanks for the mammaries,
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia
It's a fine rolling mill for Sculpy. My wife uses it all of the time.
Ed
Reply to
Ed Bailen