Converting Anilam Crusader II to LinuxCNC

I'm well on my way to converting my Anilam Crusader II Bridgeport to LinuxCNC. I converted a Crusader M Lathe to LinuxCNC a few years back.

I'm trying to make the new control very close to a plug in replacement for the old control. You disconnect the 3 scales and the large 20 pin MS connector from the Crusader II and plug them into the LinuxCNC control.

I have the pinout connections for the scales and am most of the way done with the large connector. I have 4 inputs and 1 output I don't know what is yet, probably some kind of an enable output and inputs are likely limit switches and an enable, I'll have to trace them out on the mill, I've only traced out on the Crusader II controller so far.

I don't know if there are very many interested in doing these conversions but I thought after I get it all done, I could make a file package with documentation of the connections, the hardware I used, and the software configuration files. If the servo amps are adjusted to the motors for the Anilam control, then they should be close for the PID gains I come up with.

There are features I'm planning to add on, these include an interface for a variable frequency spindle drive, Outputs for coolant and add on I/O. I would also like to add encoder receptacles for a spindle encoder and a 4th axis, plus maybe 5th axis encoder and analog signal. I thought maybe before I get a spindle encoder attached, I could use one like a hand tach for setting the spindle to the correct speed.

Anyway, after it's all done and working pretty well, I'd like to zip up the project folder and make it available to anyone else interested in the conversion. Would the drop box be appropriate for the files or elsewhere?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Drop box would be Great!!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Taking the time to document it helps everybody. Thanks ahead of time.

I've seen many refits of this machine over on CNCzone.com

I'd suggest you take an evening searching over there, bet you find your pin out info.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend