Rocket-based ejection system

Hi all,

Is it possible to purchase engines that only have the ejector/igniter component? I'm looking for a zero-downthrust system to eject a parachute from a UAV should a system failure occur in flight.

Any tips on the details of the system would also be appreciated; this'll be my first (as you might imagine...) though I have model rocketry experience, hence my turning to the same crowd and tech...

Cheers, James

Reply to
James Harrison

Not exactly, but there are electrically actuated black powder ejection systems used in high power rocketry. I don't have any URLs handy, but try some HPR sites.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Check

Prewired ejection canisters.

Reply to
N3

There are commercial parachute deployment systems available for this function. I don't know what size motor they use, but it's in the mid to HPR range. They may even be reloadable. I don't know that a simple ejection charge would be large enough, unless you're talking about a very small UAV.

Take a look at

People have also used model rocket motors as ejection systems for larger rockets.

Reply to
Bob