Shall I organize another RMR Descon?

Yes please!
How about "best comedy sci-fi ship". Winner must build from scratch and demonstrate one successful, stable flight, documented by photos and/or video. Some candidates:
Red Dwarf's "Star Bug"
Futurama "Planet Express"
"Vogon Destructor" or "Heart of Gold" from HHGTTG.
...others?
Reply to
BB
How about a powered by micromaxx only event. no other limits.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
I would go for that idea too (but I still like mine better!)
-BB
Reply to
BB
My Favorite Martian's saucer?
A Winnebago?
An Eggbeater?
Just about any playground toy?
Something from an "adult" store?
Bob Kaplow
HOW HIGH WOULD IT HAVE TO GO TO QUALIFY? Hey my caps lock works!!!
Phil Stein
Phil Stein
Reply to
Phil Stein
Good one.
Huh?
HRUH?
Double HRUH?
WTF?
Reply to
BB
OOH! OOH! I just thought of an obvious one, the Wallace & Gromit Moon Rocket!
I swear I've seen one, I can't remember where though.
Reply to
BB
"BB" wrote in news:Yy66b.404$ae6.344 @nwrddc01.gnilink.net:
Cf. "Flesh Gordon".
len.
Reply to
Leonard Fehskens
Yes, but I'd vote against something limited to entirely MicroMax (perhaps MMX as a separate category within contest). -- Richard "wondered when there'd be another DESCON" Hickok
Reply to
Rhhickok
From the Mel Brooks version of Star Wars, "SpaceBalls"
David Erbas-White
You got me on that one, someone else will have to chime in.
Reply to
David Erbas-White
"Rhhickok" wrote
O.k. but how about a "peanut"-only contest? i.e. something like PSS but open to any design. This would make it fair for the people who couldn't find MMX's in their area.
Reply to
BB
"Leonard Fehskens" wrote
Ah, o.k. But that still leaves me confused about the Winnebago, eggbeater, and playground toys........
Reply to
BB
Ah, thanks!
Maybe an old SNL skit? The one where the all-male and all-female ships collide? God it's been so long I can't remember what the ships looked like....
Reply to
BB
from Spaceballs
Kitchen wars!
full scale?
heh, another monthly missile?
Reply to
tater schuld
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to
tater schuld
How about a plastic model conversion?
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau
NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply
Reply to
Doc
it would have to be a vialbe flight. I figure 10ft from pad height would be enough to say it actually flew ? what do you think ?
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
Yawn . . . .
Reply to