Shall I organize another RMR Descon?

Yes please!

How about "best comedy sci-fi ship". Winner must build from scratch and demonstrate one successful, stable flight, documented by photos and/or video. Some candidates:

Red Dwarf's "Star Bug"

Futurama "Planet Express"

"Vogon Destructor" or "Heart of Gold" from HHGTTG.

...others?

Reply to
BB

How about a powered by micromaxx only event. no other limits.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I would go for that idea too (but I still like mine better!)

-BB

Reply to
BB

My Favorite Martian's saucer?

A Winnebago?

An Eggbeater?

Just about any playground toy?

Something from an "adult" store?

Bob Kaplow

HOW HIGH WOULD IT HAVE TO GO TO QUALIFY? Hey my caps lock works!!!

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Good one.

Huh?

HRUH?

Double HRUH?

WTF?

Reply to
BB

OOH! OOH! I just thought of an obvious one, the Wallace & Gromit Moon Rocket!

I swear I've seen one, I can't remember where though.

Reply to
BB

"BB" wrote in news:Yy66b.404$ae6.344 @nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

Cf. "Flesh Gordon".

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Yes, but I'd vote against something limited to entirely MicroMax (perhaps MMX as a separate category within contest). -- Richard "wondered when there'd be another DESCON" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

From the Mel Brooks version of Star Wars, "SpaceBalls"

David Erbas-White

You got me on that one, someone else will have to chime in.

Reply to
David Erbas-White

"Rhhickok" wrote

O.k. but how about a "peanut"-only contest? i.e. something like PSS but open to any design. This would make it fair for the people who couldn't find MMX's in their area.

Reply to
BB

"Leonard Fehskens" wrote

Ah, o.k. But that still leaves me confused about the Winnebago, eggbeater, and playground toys........

Reply to
BB

Ah, thanks!

Maybe an old SNL skit? The one where the all-male and all-female ships collide? God it's been so long I can't remember what the ships looked like....

Reply to
BB

from Spaceballs

Kitchen wars!

full scale?

heh, another monthly missile?

Reply to
tater schuld

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
tater schuld

How about a plastic model conversion?

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

it would have to be a vialbe flight. I figure 10ft from pad height would be enough to say it actually flew ? what do you think ?

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Yawn . . . .

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm thinking the Eggbeater's from a 1981-ish student spoof of StarWars titled "Hardware Wars". All of the ships were appliances. For example the opening scene with the huge, wedge shaped Empire cruiser entering the shot was done with a flat iron.

The following clip shows the iron firing on the egg beater.

ScottE