WTB Centuri / Estes Egg Capsule

Hello
I am looking for the following kits or parts:
Centuri Egg Capsule (Same as the capsule Estes used in the #1996 Eggspress and #2072 Scrambler kits)
I really only need the plastic nose cone and tail cone for the capsule, new or used or would consider a kit purchase if you have the Eggspress or Scrambler kits you are interested in selling. I need the parts to clone the EnerJet 1340 as pictured in the 4th edition of the Handbook of Model Rocketry.
Thanks in advance for your reponse __________________ Steve Naquin TRA 677 L2

If you really want to clone the old design, you need the original black capsule, not the new yellow capsule.
Have you tried Estes to see if they have any spare parts around?
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson
I called and left a message for Christine in Estes customer service on her voice mail twice last week but I haven't heard back from her yet so I'll try her again next week. I found a hobby shop (Model Empire) that had two of the Estes Longshot two stage kits in stock so I have four black fin cans on the way and I already have the Semroc ST20 tube from a recent order. I had some of my EnerJet logo decals scanned and printed by Excelsior Rocketry.
If I can only find the capsule in yellow I'll just have to paint it black. I know it won't be as close to the original but at least I can get it to look the same.
I never see those kits come up on ROL but I have heard they come up on eBay at times. I may just have to sign up for eBay but I haven't been a member there for years.
Thanks __________________ Steve Naquin TRA 677 L2
I called and left a message for Christine in Estes customer service on her voice mail twice last week but I haven't heard back from her yet so I'll try her again next week. I found a hobby shop (Model Empire) that had two of the Estes Longshot two stage kits in stock so I have four black fin cans on the way and I already have the Semroc ST20 tube from a recent order. I had some of my EnerJet logo decals scanned and printed by Excelsior Rocketry.
If I can only find the capsule in yellow I'll just have to paint it black. I know it won't be as close to the original but at least I can get it to look the same.
I never see those kits come up on ROL but I have heard they come up on eBay at times. I may just have to sign up for eBay but I haven't been a member there for years.
Thanks __________________ Steve Naquin TRA 677 L2

The 1340 used a RED fin unit. It also had THICKER than ST-13 tubes and an associated nose cone and coupler similar to the mucch later "Maniac".
Just historical Jerry

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Jerry
I had read some of your old posts here on the 1340 and they were very helpful. I do have some of the thicker walled 1.25"OD x 1.34"OD tubing but instead of using the Maniac type nose cone, I want to build this rocket:
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/215/215922/folders/156726/1571522Enerjet1340SoundingRocket.jpg
A member of Ye Old Rocket Forum was kind enough to send this along and said it was taken from the 4th edition Handbook of Model Rocketry. I remembered seeing that picture years ago and always wanted to build it. I know in some of your other old posts you had said that you have an original of the EnerJet 1340 with the red nose cone and red fin can.
I have (2) Estes Longshot two stage kits coming so I'll have four (black) plasic fin cans next week. I found (2) of the Estes Scrambler kits today that have the capsule (yellow) from PVHC online. I might build two to resemble the original and two with the large payload section like the image. I know I'll have to use a coupler or something to get the bottom section of the capsule to fit the heavy wall tube but I'll figure something out.
Also last week I received one of your Fire and Forget rockets from EMRR as a contest prize. Nice kit! It will live up to it's name since I have a 24mm G55 planned for it.
Thanks __________________ Steve Naquin TRA 677 L2

It's been a long time since I saw that picture. Thanks.
Very, very glad to help your search and documentation of history.

Somewhere.
If you are looking for a viable compromise you could simply use ST-13 (BT-56) as the airframe tube and save the much more highly collectible thick walled ST-13 for your historical collection. The rest are not original parts, after all.

Thank you very much.

Jerry
TRA 012 L1 (Blazanin)

And coupler.