A Question about the Nitto Locomotive.

Hi all, I just won a Nitto 7100 Benkei Steam Locomotive and I'm planning on using it in a Civil War diorama. Its 1:48 (according to the auction bid) and I'm wondering if its the same mold as the Nitto/MRC Mougil-Porter Locomotive. I'm looking to do a mortar and a flatbed with some troops. (Okay, I got intrigued by the Mach 2 German train and want to do one in American Civil War era) Any thoughts?

The Old Timer

IIRC that is a WWII or postwar Japanese steamer and not a Civil War era 4-4-0. That one was also in a much larger scale -- 1/25 or 1/16 -- and the others were all in 1/50.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

Not this one Cookie. The auction stated 1:50 and the box art (copied and stashed) shows a 2-6-0 with a cabbage stack (you know the big fat type). I think that the one you're describing is the AMT General. That's a 1:25 4-4-0, and way too big for my needs. I have an option on a 1:72 4-4-0, but it's still iffy that I'll get it, so I'm hoping that this one will work if necessary.

The Old Timer

Why don't you cross post a photo of the mogul to the alt.binaries.models.scale and alt.binaries.pictures.railroad ?

Railroad modelers really know their history, so I bet someone could tell you.

Keith Walker

Reply to
Scorpian