Admiral Zheng He's Ship

Go to http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200506/21/eng20050621_191504.html
to see the model of the ship that led a flleet to impressive
expeditions into the Pacific and Indian oceans before Europe's Age of Exploration.
That model is simply gorgeous! How long did it take to be built?

So, you didn't bother to read the first line of the article then ? !!!

Actually, I did but mistyped my note. It ~should~ have read how long did it take to gather the data to build it? The last time I tried a serious scratch-build (P-39 to a Bell Project #3, which is simply tranferring engine and cockpit locations), it took me about six months of on-and-off work just drawing up the plans that I found in a book of Bell Aircraft. I'd like to do the same with a North American Project EA-181 from a Monogram P-51B Mustang, but I'm coming up dry with servicable drawings.
All I can saw is "WOW!" 4 months!....Jees, it'll take that long just discovering all the detail work! Mike G.

I assume you have all read Gavin Menzies' '1421 - The year China discovered the world' ??
Ken
Mike G. wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:04:59 +0100, Ken Duffey

The part where Menzies said the Chinese discovered America too, and even had regular trade with Meso-American jade destroyed any credibility he may have had. No, I wouldn't waste my time reading a hack's fabrications. I did read the reviews though to come to my conclusion. Meso-American jade has its distinctive chemical composition and color. Even as a China(lay)man I can tell by just looking where a type of jade probably came from. None of M-A jade has ever turned up in China until fairly recent times and they are not considered top grade stuff that Chinese craftsmen would chose for their best work. There are other details that make pre-Columbian Chinese contact with the Americas unsubstaintable.
Subject: Re: Model of Zheng He's Treasure Ship
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200506/21/eng20050621_191504.html
to see the photos of Admiral Zheng He's giant junk that made a number of daring explorations into the Pacific and Indian Oceans before Europe's Age of Exploration. <<
National Geographic magazine, July 2005 issue, has an article China's Great Armada - Six hundred years ago China's Admiral Zheng He led a mighty fleet on the first of seven voyages [ 1405 to 1433 ] that reshaped an empire. There is a two page spread with a chart of the seven voyages.
A Ming treasure ship was 400 ft OAL and had a Beam of 170 ft, according to the article.
www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/0507 Click on China's Armada
Art Herrick Westmoreland, New Hampshire USA 42 57' 47.4" N --- 72 26' 18.9" W --- Altitude: 465 ft.