Admiral Zheng He's Ship

Go to

to see the model of the ship that led a flleet to impressive expeditions into the Pacific and Indian oceans before Europe's Age of Exploration.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

That model is simply gorgeous! How long did it take to be built?

Reply to
Old Timer

So, you didn't bother to read the first line of the article then ? !!!

Reply to
Julia De Silva

All I can saw is "WOW!"

4 months!....Jees, it'll take that long just discovering all the detail work! Mike G.
Reply to
Mike G.

I assume you have all read Gavin Menzies' '1421 - The year China discovered the world' ??

Ken

Mike G. wrote:

Reply to
Ken Duffey

The part where Menzies said the Chinese discovered America too, and even had regular trade with Meso-American jade destroyed any credibility he may have had. No, I wouldn't waste my time reading a hack's fabrications. I did read the reviews though to come to my conclusion. Meso-American jade has its distinctive chemical composition and color. Even as a China(lay)man I can tell by just looking where a type of jade probably came from. None of M-A jade has ever turned up in China until fairly recent times and they are not considered top grade stuff that Chinese craftsmen would chose for their best work. There are other details that make pre-Columbian Chinese contact with the Americas unsubstaintable.

From: "Arthur Herrick" Subject: Re: Model of Zheng He's Treasure Ship

to see the photos of Admiral Zheng He's giant junk that made a number of daring explorations into the Pacific and Indian Oceans before Europe's Age of Exploration.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Actually, I did but mistyped my note. It ~should~ have read how long did it take to gather the data to build it? The last time I tried a serious scratch-build (P-39 to a Bell Project #3, which is simply tranferring engine and cockpit locations), it took me about six months of on-and-off work just drawing up the plans that I found in a book of Bell Aircraft. I'd like to do the same with a North American Project EA-181 from a Monogram P-51B Mustang, but I'm coming up dry with servicable drawings.

Reply to
Old Timer