(AIR) USN Decal Question

Without having my decal storage binders nor the old SuperScale catalog in front of me, can anyone offer info on VF-1 or VF-2 markings in 1/48th for the Tomcat during Operation Frequent Wind? I've seen a couple versions but don't know if they'd be correct for the 1975 timeframe. Many thanks up front.

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Well, I should have seen these comments coming - not that I didn't think of them myself, mind you! After a little looking around, I found the sheets I seek on the CAM site - they've got both of them. Now, where's that chili recipe? ;-)

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Take 2-2.5 lbs beef (ground or better yet cut some round into cubes), brown it with chopped onion, garlic and a touch of basil, drain. Deglaze pot with a bottle of beer, put meat and stuff back in, add 2 red and 1 green bell pepper cut into about 1" chunks, one large can El Paso chopped green chilis, one big can tomato sauce, dice 3 hot cherry peppers and three or four fresh Thai peppers (add more if you wish to fire tracers the next morning, wear rubber gloves while dicing), add two cans beans (pinto, pink, kidney your choice), a pinch of allspice, tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 cup or so Masa, stir....add more beer so all the stuff is covered, use beer and Masa to adjust thickness....simmer 2-4 hours. Serve over spaghetti or rice with grated cheese and chopped raw onions.....remember to take FSM or other fine reading material the next few trips to the bathrooms.....Do not use your new powers as Gas Man to give your wife a dutch oven or she'll hit you with something that hurts mand ake you sleep outside.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

(new T-stoff recipe snipped for brevity)

...Unless said Dutch Oven was immediately followed with a Donkey Punch! Then, a hasty retreat...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Bad idea, that's when she'd throw the cats and cats cling...;)

Reply to
rwsmithjr

" snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

I never heard of a Dutch oven, Think I can imagine what it is, though.

Being Dutch, I just wonder why its called a Dutch oven?

Dennis

Reply to
me-me