Airbrush Help

Hello,

I'm new to the world of airbrushes... actually just got mine last night - a Badger Anthem. This question is gonna sound really dumb to most of ya... I'm wondering about this metal "color cup"... how is it used? The manual doesn't explain squat. I just don't see how I could use it without spilling paint all over the place. Am I missing some kind of cap for it?

Thanks for your time and patience!

Dave

Reply to
Dave W

Dear Dave, some airbrush sup have a cup, most don't. Just dont fill it right up . Once you start using it you'll be surprised at how easy it is to use. So long as you avoid the obvious, as I said don't overfill, and if possible set the cup at a slight angle (if it is a side fitting cup) and if possible angle your paint surface toward you if you can, then you should get the hang of things fairly quickly. There are plenty of airbrushing books about. Try and read them ALL, they all have something to say. Most important, practice. Get ink and pads of paper and just keep practicing, fading colour, stenciling everything and anything you can think, or have read, of. Matt

Reply to
MATTHEW ELLIOTT HOPSON

Some airbrushes have color cups, some don't. Some color cups have a cap, most don't.

If you can pick up a mug of coffee, take a sip, and put it down without spilling any, you can airbrush without spilling the paint.

First, just don't fill the cup all the way; fill it maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full. Always hold the airbrush at the same angle, so that the paint cup remains level. Make movements with your elbow, not your wrist, and don't make any fast or sudden movements. If for some reason you need to spray up or down at a steep angle, adjust the angle of the paint cup while it's empty so it'll be level when you hold the airbrush at the desired angle. When you want to put the airbrush down, either empty the cup first or set it on an airbrush stand that'll hold it at the right angle.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris