Any way to buff-out a foggy clear canopy?

HELP!
Anyone know of a way to fix a fogged-up clear aircraft canopy? While
painting my F-104, paint thinner fumes apparently worked underneath
the paper and tape masking and clouded an area of the canopy. It
looks awful.
Is there a technique to buff-out the fogged area so it at least looks
more transparent? I'm not expecting miracles, but anything would
help. I don't want to buy a second kit just for the canopy. Thanks.
David
Reply to
David M.
You can try one of the polishing systems the car guys use on their paint jobs,or some nail buffers. Rubbing it out with toothpasteworks sometimes also.Then a coat of future(I cheat and use tamiya clear gloss)I even waxed one once!
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
You might be ble to fix it just by dipping it in Future. If not, go to a plastic distributor, and get Novvus plastic polish.
Reply to
Robert Skipper
You might be ble to fix it just by dipping it in Future. If not, go to a plastic distributor, and get Novvus plastic polish.
Reply to
Robert Skipper
brasso works for me. also polishing compounds for stone are effective.
"David M." schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
A q-tip with a little Turtle Wax (car polish) does miracles on fogging and light paint staining.
Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm happy to report that I was able to achieve 90% clarity for the fogged canopy by using Turtle Wax scratch-remover followed by Future floor wax. I first tried toothpaste and Pledge, but they were not successful.
I hope that this thread can help assist others with this problem.
David
Reply to
David M.