Tamiya Korean War Mustang

Hi

Anyone know the main difference between the Tamiya F51D Korean War & the the WW2 P51D version Mustang in 1/72nd series (apart from the rockets) ?.

Tks

Reply to
k&L

It also includes the cuffless prop. Not a lot of WWII Mustangs with this prop, but was rather more common on Korean War Mustangs. Of course the regular prop is also still there as well.

Since the Korean War Tamiya kit includes more stuff, and there are already a huge pile of WWII decals to put on it, I consider the Korean War kit to be a better buy than the "normal" kit.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

You get an extra set of props...the Aeroproducts uncuffed variety. Also, I believe, a more streamlined hood (Dallas hood?)....as opposed to the standard hood. You can basically build as is or build a P51D.

Reply to
MANDO VILLARREAL

I believe this is the uncuffed Hamilton Standard. The Aeroproducts prop was used on the P-51K. The easiest way to tell is the squared-off tip of the HS.

Curt

Reply to
C Knowles